Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Lassen Volcanic National Park



Mt. Lassen

Kings Creek Falls Trail

Kings Creek Falls Trail
Over the weekend my husband and I went to camp at Manzanita Lake in Lassen. Lassen Volcanic National Park is located in Northern California, just 70 miles south of Mt. Shasta. I have visited this park in winter and most of the road through the park is closed due to snow. I was excited when my husband an I planned this trip because we have never been to Lassen in the summer. Wow! I can say that Lassen is absolutely gorgeous. There is still a little snow about 8,000 ft of elevation and with the lush vegetation leaves for amazing views to anyone that visits. There are so many places to explore and I could not see them all, but there's always next time. I'm going to share with you pictures of the Kings Creek Falls, Bumpass Hell and Cinder Cone trails. The road throughout the park is only 30 miles long so many trips could be planned in one day depending on what you would like to see. If you ever have a chance to visit Lassen I highly recommend it!

Thank you for stopping by and enjoy!

Forever wander,

~Vero


Kings Creek Trail
Small creek across the way from Kings Creek Falls Trail.
          
Looking up at Mt. Lassen from Hat Lake.
Bumpass Hell Trail            
Deer are often seen all over the park.
Bumpass Hell 
Bumpass Hell Trail

Scenery along the highway.


Bark from a tree along the Cinder Cone trail

Fresh Pine cone off of the Cinder Cone Trail.
Lava rock alongside the Cinder Cone Trail.

Cinder Cone Trail


All my other photos from my Lassen trip can be found on my social media accounts.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/wandering_vero/

Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142543422@N02/



Camping Note:
In Manzanita Lake Loops A,B, and C are reservable through www.reserveamerica.com. Loop D which is tent only is on first come basis. There is a small store, camp host, laundry facility and showers available at this campground. There are many campgrounds in the park and this is the most popular because of services. If you are looking for something less popular Butte Lake is beautiful but most of the sites have no shade!

Camping Info:
https://www.nps.gov/lavo/planyourvisit/camping_in_campgrounds.htm

Here is more information on Lassen Volcanic National Park:
https://www.nps.gov/lavo/index.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment